Meatball Hero SubsFrom lor 9 years ago
- 1-1/2 lb. lean ground beef or 454 g shopping list
- 3/4 cup Fine dry bread crumbs or 175 mL shopping list
- Note: I like to use seasoned bread crumbs. shopping list
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion shopping list
- 1 Large egg shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk or 75 mL shopping list
- 1/3 cup Grated light parmesan cheese or 75 mL shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt or 2 mL shopping list
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes or 2 mL shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. Dried whole oregano or 1 mL shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper or 0.5 mL shopping list
- 2 tsp. cooking oil or 10 mL shopping list
- 1 Medium onion, thinly sliced rings shopping list
- 1 Small green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce or 500 mL shopping list
- 1/4 cup water or 60 mL shopping list
- 7 - 8 Small submarine buns, split shopping list
How to make it
- Combine ground beef and bread crumbs in large bowl.
- Process next 9 ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth. Add to beef mixture. Stir well. Form into 1/2 inch (12 mm) balls. Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake in 425°F (220°C) oven for 15-20 minutes until no pink remains in beef. Remove to paper towel to drain.
- Heat cooking oil in large frying pan. Sauté onion for about 2 minutes until soft. Add green pepper. Sauté for about 3 minutes until soft. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water. Add meatballs. Cover. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove small amount of bread from inside of each bun half. Toast, cut side up, under broiler. Fill bottom halves with meatballs and sauce. Cover with top halves.