Spaghetti With Calms And Green BeansFrom ravenseyes 5 years ago
- 10 oz of fresh green beans (you can use frozen the flavor might not be just the same) shopping list
- 1/2 cup EVOO shopping list
- 2 galric cloves chopped finely shopping list
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper shopping list
- a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce (optional) shopping list
- 2 large plum tomatoes (1/2 lb) Coarsely chopped shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2 lbs of littleneck clams (cleaned) shopping list
- 1/4 cup basil leaves chiffonade shopping list
- 2 tbsps fresh thyme chopped shopping list
- 3/4 lb of spaghetti shopping list
- Freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil (never add your salt until the water comes to a boil the salt will stain the bottom of your pots). Add the green beans and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the pot with a slotted spoon to a bowl of water with 2 cups of ice. Shock the beans in ice water to stop the cooking. Place a few large paper towels on a plate and with the slotted spoon transfer the beans to the paper towel to dry.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper and your pepper sauce, cook over moderate heat for 1 minute. Add the chopped tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook for approximately 5 minutes or until tomatoes begin to break down. Add the white wine and clams and bring to a boil. Cover the skillet and simmer until clams open, about 5 minutes. (remove any unopened clams). Remove from heat and add green beans, basil and thyme.
- Add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook until el dente. Drain the spaghetti, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water. Return the spaghetti to the pot add the clam and green bean sauce and the reserved pasta water. Toss over medium heat until the sauce coats the spaghetti. Transfer to a large shallow style bowl and serve with large shaved pieces of the Parmigiano-Reggiano and some good italian bread of course don't forget the glass of red wine !!!
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
- Not added to any groups yet!