White Bean and Chicken ChiliFrom jaie 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1-4 ounce can diced green chiles shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, more to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, more to taste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1-15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- chives for garnish shopping list
- sour cream for garnish shopping list
- Shredded Monterey Jack chees for garnish shopping list
- cooked rice or baked potato for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken and onions in oil for 5 minutes, until onion is tender.
- Stir in chicken broth, chilies, garlic, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and simmer an additional 20 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve over rice or potato and garnish with moneterey jack cheese, sour cream and chopped chives.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
The Rating3 people
Yummy this sounds like something my mom used to make, she would use the crock pot and I could fix a bowl when I got home before she did. I like white chicken chili! I think I could try to do this.snufflebunny15 in Tierra Verde loved it
Sounds really yummy for the tummy thanks for the post. High fives
Bakermanroosterbakermanrooster in Wichita loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!