New Mexico Green Chile SauceFrom gingerkid 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup (or more) chopped green chiles shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced shopping list
- salt (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute the onion until soft.
- Stir in the flour and the broth until mixture is smooth.
- Add chiles, garlic, cumin and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, adding salt if desired.
- Yield: 2 cups.
- To make a yummy chip dip, combine 1 cup of sauce with 1/2 pound browned ground sirloin and simmer on low for 15 minutes.