Minute Steak PitasFrom craftyazgirl 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or other oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 large tomato, chopped shopping list
- 2 large pita breads, halved crosswise shopping list
- 2 medium onions, sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine shopping list
- 4 beef minute or cube steaks 1 cup shredded lettuce shopping list
How to make it
- In a large storage dish mix olive oil, vinegar, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Add cucumber and tomato and toss. Cover. Chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, put pita bread halves on baking sheet. Warm slowly in oven.
- In medium skillet, saute onion in the butter for 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from skillet. Reserve.
- Put steaks in hot skillet. Brown quickly for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Put one steak and some onion in each ptta half.
- Toss lettuce with salad mixture. Add to sandwiches. serve at once.