Baked Spaghetti SquashFrom cowgirrlup 8 years ago
How to make it
- The worst part is cutting the spgahetti squash in half lengthwise. Then just scoop out the seeds like you do with a pumpkin.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil on each half and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put cut side down in a casserole dish or a baking pan and cover with foil.
- Bake in a 375 to 425 oven for 60 to 75 minutes. I roast a spaghetti squash when I am using the oven for something else, so the time & temp will vary.
- After the squash is cool enough to handle, scrape out the strands with a fork .
- Mix the strands with some feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes & chopped Italian flat leaf parsley to taste..add more salt or pepper if you want.
- Vary this method by using basil or parmesan cheese, or pepper cheese and chopped jalapeno or jack cheese and cliantro....its endless!
- I also have used ground turkey breast, grilled corn, cilantro, lime and jack cheese to make it meat friendly.
- You can also cook the squash in the microwave if you want, no oil needed, just put cut side down in a microwave safe casserole dish and add about 1/4 inch of water, cover with plastic wrap and cook on high about 10 - 12 minutes for each half.
- I personally think the roasted squash has a better flavor, but I use the microwave in a pinch
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookcowgirrlup Prescott Valley, AZ
The Rating4 people
Awesome!hyla in Calgary loved it
Just bought my first spaghetti squash and I'm planning my attack. Thanks for the advice!estellasrevenge in Dallas loved it
Came out great and the squash broke up so nicely with that olive oil. Will make again.dmr55 in Port Charlotte loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!