Baked Spaghetti SquashFrom cowgirrlup 7 years ago
How to make it
- The worst part is cutting the spgahetti squash in half lengthwise. Then just scoop out the seeds like you do with a pumpkin.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil on each half and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put cut side down in a casserole dish or a baking pan and cover with foil.
- Bake in a 375 to 425 oven for 60 to 75 minutes. I roast a spaghetti squash when I am using the oven for something else, so the time & temp will vary.
- After the squash is cool enough to handle, scrape out the strands with a fork .
- Mix the strands with some feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes & chopped Italian flat leaf parsley to taste..add more salt or pepper if you want.
- Vary this method by using basil or parmesan cheese, or pepper cheese and chopped jalapeno or jack cheese and cliantro....its endless!
- I also have used ground turkey breast, grilled corn, cilantro, lime and jack cheese to make it meat friendly.
- You can also cook the squash in the microwave if you want, no oil needed, just put cut side down in a microwave safe casserole dish and add about 1/4 inch of water, cover with plastic wrap and cook on high about 10 - 12 minutes for each half.
- I personally think the roasted squash has a better flavor, but I use the microwave in a pinch