Pea Shoots Stir-fried With GarlicFrom scrumptious 8 years ago
- 2 T. Shaoxing rice wine (cooking sherry is a fine substitute) shopping list
- 1/4 C. broth shopping list
- 3 t. soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 t. sugar shopping list
- 2 T. canola oil shopping list
- 2 T. garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 lb. pea shoots shopping list
- 2 t. cornstarch, dissolved in 4 t. water shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine the wine, broth, soy sauce, and sugar. Set near the stove.
- In a wok or large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Add the garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add the pea shoots and toss to coat with oil and garlic.
- Raise heat to high and add sauce mixture.
- Stir-fry pea shoots 15 seconds, then cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until well wilted.
- Uncover, add the cornstarch mixture, and stir-fry another 30 seconds, or until the sauce has thickened and the shoots acquire a shiny, almost "glazed" look.
- Serve at once.
The Cookscrumptious San Francisco
The Rating3 people
Snowpea shoots with garlic is one of my favourite veggie dishes. Thanks for this! :-)freshfoodie in Ottawa loved it
Mmm, going to try this, looks wonderful and I've never had pea shoots / sprouts before!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
Stir fried peas shoots have been the topic of conversation several times of late. Lo and behold, we were at one of the very few little Chinese markets in this area recently and they had them in stock! Wanting to give them a try, we picked up a good...morePastryBear in loved it
Food Styling And Photography254 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Whole Foods142 members
Seasonally Spring45 members
Eating Seasonally53 members
30 Minute Meals14 members
Simple Vegan169 members
On The Book Shelf77 members