Easy raspberry tartsFrom vegalicious 10 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 392 F.
- Dust your pasty form with flour.
- Place the thawed puff pastry in the form. Put a piece of baking paper on top and fill the form with dried beans or rice to “blind bake” the pastry.
- Bake the pastry for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, pour out the beans and throw away the paper, and allow the pastry to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/4 cup of raspberry jam in a saucepan.
- Mix the cornstarch with the liquid (liquor or syrup) and add to the raspberry jam.
- Bring the jam to a gentle boil while stirring.
- When the jam becomes clear and thicker, it is ready to be removed from the heat. (about 10 minutes)
- Just before serving “build” your tarts. Put a thin layer of the raspberry/liquor jam in the bottom of each tart, and carefully put the fresh raspberries on top.