Polynesian Chicken and RiceFrom pointsevenout 8 years ago
- 1 1/4c chicken broth, fat-free, less-sodium shopping list
- 3T sugar shopping list
- 3T catsup, reduced-calorie shopping list
- 2T white vinegar shopping list
- 1T soy sauce, low-sodium shopping list
- 1 (6oz) can pineapple juice shopping list
- 1T stick margarine or better shopping list
- 5 (6oz) chicken breast halves, skinned shopping list
- 1c uncooked long-grain rice shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1c green onions, sliced shopping list
- 1c red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 (8oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained shopping list
- 2T cashews, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- Melt margarine in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. You can use breast fillets. If they are large, 12oz or more, cut them in half and pound to make the same thickness across the fillet to make for even cooking.
- Add rice and garlic to pan; saute 3 minutes. Stir rice to keep from sticking. Return chicken, meaty side down, to pan. Add broth mixture, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes.
- Stir in greeen onions, bell pepper, and pineapple. cook, uncovered, 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle each serving with chopped cashews.
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1 cup rice mixture; 403 calories; 14% from fat.
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
The Rating2 people
This was great. It was very easy, the combination of red pepper and pineapple was delicious and the sauce the rice cooked in was great. Definitely a keeper.Honeybee1 in Westlake Village loved it