Oyako DonburiFrom mikebrittain 9 years ago
- 1 cup dashi soup stock shopping list
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mirin shopping list
- 6 ounces boneless chicken thighs shopping list
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups rice shopping list
- nori, to taste (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare rice in rice cooker.
- Heat dashi soup stock, soy sauce, sugar, and mirin in saucepan until sugar dissolves.
- Pour 1/4 cup of heated broth into small frying pan over low heat.
- Add 1/4 of chicken and green onions.
- Cook the chicken pieces, turning them for about 3 minutes, then beat one egg and stir in.
- After egg has set (about 50 sec).
- Slip the mixture over a bowl of rice.
- Sprinkle with nori (seaweed, optional).
- Repeat for three additional servings.
The Cookmikebrittain New York, NY
The Rating2 people
I know I love this because I make it often myself!httpmom in San Francisco Bay Area loved it
I do this with Jasmine brown rice, usually adding carrots,or a bag of frozen organic spinach- it's perfect for low budget times.
Also I use bone in and just pick the meat off. But it's the basic idea here.
Marieinvisiblechef in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!