Sweet-and-Sour ShrimpFrom pointsevenout 9 years ago
- 1 (8oz) can pineapple chunks in juice shopping list
- 1t cornstarch shopping list
- 3T chili sauce shopping list
- 1T soy sauce, low-sodium shopping list
- 1/2t garlic powder shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 2t sesame oil shopping list
- 1 medium-size green pepper,coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced shopping list
- 3/4# fresh shrimp, medium-sized, peeled and deveined shopping list
How to make it
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple chunks aside. Combine reserved juice, cornstarch, and next 3 ingredients; set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet or wok with cooking spray, and add oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add green pepper and onion; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add shrimp; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and pineapple chunks into shrimp mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring contstanly, until mixture is thick and bubbly. Serve immediately.
- 177 calories, 20% from fat.
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
The Rating2 people
i've been looking for a nice pineappley shrimp recipe. this looks like it will be a winner. gonna give it a try tomorrow for supper and will update once i've tried it! i know it'll be good though, i'm sure... :)grumblebee in victoria loved it
This sauce is very nice and not too sweet. I made this exactly as written except I used only 2 (heaping) Tbs of the chili sauce and (unfortunately) I only had 1/2 lb. of shrimp. I tasted some of the sauce on its own and got the teeny bit of heat fr...morefrankieanne in North northern loved it