Texas BBQ Chicken QuesadillasFrom jayesel 7 years ago
- 1-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces shopping list
- 1 small onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 green pepper, chopped shopping list
- BBQ sauce shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- ground cumin shopping list
- ground red pepper shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 2 large flour tortillas (could substitute wheat if you want!) shopping list
- shredded cheddar jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Saute chicken with salt, pepper, and a bit of olive oil in a pan. In a separate pan, cook onions and peppers with a bit of olive oil and pepper. Add BBQ sauce (as much or as little as you like) to the onions and peppers; then add a pinch of ground cumin and ground red pepper.
- While that all cooks, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place flour tortillas on a cookie sheet.
- When chicken and veggies are cooked, combine into 1 pan (easiest to add the chicken pieces to the veggies and sauce) Mix and cook for a few minutes to coat the chicken.
- Spoon mixture onto one half of each tortilla. Top with shredded cheese and fold in half to ‘close’ the quesadilla. Bake for 10-15 minutes in the oven, or until crispy.
- Serve with chips and salsa, sour cream, guacamole; garnish with cilantro. YUM!
The Cookjayesel Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!