Creamy Basil And Roasted Red Pepper PastaFrom yummers 8 years ago
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta shopping list
- 4oz ( half an 8 oz brick) cream cheese shopping list
- 7 oz roasted red peppers, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup of milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces ( I omitted the chicken and used peas and broccoli. I added it to the last minutes of the boiling pasta) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, place peppers, cream cheese, milk, basil and parmesan cheese in a blender and blend until nice and smooth.
- Cook chicken in a large skillet until cooked through.
- Stir in pepper mixture and simmer for 5-10 mintues, stirring frequently.
- Drain pasta and add chicken mixture. Stir gently until pasta is well coated.
- ** When I just use the broccoli and peas instead of the chicken, I add it to the drained pasta, stir until well coated and serve. It is just as nice.
The Cookyummers Port Moody, CA
The Rating3 people
MAKING THIS TONIGHTveg in HAMILTON loved it
WE JUST GOT FINISHED WITH DINNER. THE ENTIRE FAMILY LOVED IT. I CHANGED A FEW THINGS THAT I WILL LIST BELOW. THE SAUCE IS AWESOME. THANKS SO MUCH.veg in HAMILTON loved it
I have everything I need to make this tonight! Sounds yummy!!!
I'm going to keep the chicken in, and add broccoli also.justjakesmom in Everett loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!