Maple Butter Pecan Ice CreamFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
How to make it
- Chop pecans.
- Toast pecans in melted butter in skillet about 5 minutes.
- Cool and chill in a sealed plastic bag.
- Bring cream, milk, maple syrup and salt just to a boil.
- In a bowl beat yolks until smooth.
- Add hot cream mixture to yolks in a slow stream whisking and pour into pan.
- Cook over moderately low heat stirring constantly to 170 degrees.
- Pour through strainer and cool.
- Stir in maple flavoring.
- Chill covered with plastic wrap at least 3 hours and up to 1 day.
- Freeze in ice cream maker.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in pecans.
- Put in freezer to harden.