Shrimp And Corn RisottoFrom dond 8 years ago
- 5-7 cups shrimp stock shopping list
- 3 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 2 cups arborio rice shopping list
- ¾ cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1-1½ lbs medium shrimp (31-40 count), peeled and deveined shopping list
- 2 cups fresh corn (4 ears) shopping list
- Zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- ½-1 cup grated Parmesan shopping list
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1½ cups chopped tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Heat shrimp stock and keep hot. Do not boil.
- In a Dutch oven, sweat onion in olive oil until soft and translucent – about 5 minutes. Season onions with about ½ tsp salt.
- Add two cups rice to pot and toss in oil. Toast rice for about 3 minutes, until rice is still white but can be heard clicking as you stir it.
- Add wine all at once and continue to cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until almost all of the wine is absorbed.
- Add about 1 or 2 cups shrimp stock to the rice. The rice should just barely be covered. Season with salt. Continue stirring until the rice has absorbed the liquid. The liquid should simmer, but not boil. Keep adding stock and stirring until the rice is not fully al dente – about 15-20 minutes.
- Add shrimp and corn to the pot and cook until the shrimp just starts to turn pink. Ladle in 1 or 2 more cups stock and cook until risotto is firm and no longer hard in the middle. The risotto should be creamy and al dente.
- Remove risotto from heat and add in the lemon zest, Parmesan, and butter. Taste for final seasoning. Garnish with chopped tomatoes and serve immediately.
- Shrimp Stock:
- Combine: 1 sliced medium onion, 1 chopped stalk of celery, ½ chopped carrot, 2 slices lemon, 1 bay leaf, shells from 1-2 lbs shrimp, 7 or 8 cups of water, 2 or 3 corn cobs (optional). Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Strain.
The Cookdond Rockville, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!