Pink Zombie Stew with Andouille and ShrimpFrom geekytiki 7 years ago
- 1 lb bag cooked shrimp or freshly cooked shrimp shopping list
- 1 lb andouille sausage (browning is optional) shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 5 tbsp spicy brown mustard shopping list
- 1 tbsp molasses shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1-2 tsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup low salt chicken broth or stock shopping list
- 1 cup low salt chicken broth or stock shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 1/2 tsp cajun or creole seasonings shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice shopping list
How to make it
- Add peppers and onions to crockpot. Place andouille sausage and the shrimp on top.
- Add thyme to 1 cup chicken broth or stock and pour over sausage and shrimp.
- Combine brown mustard, molasses, worchestshire sauce, red wine vinegar, cajun seasoning, and 1/2 cup chicken broth in a small bowl. Pour into crockpot over shrimp.
- Turn crockpot to high for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups uncooked minute rice along with 1/2 cup hot water. Place lid back on and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
The Cookgeekytiki NW, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!