Polenta PasticciataFrom oldgringo 7 years ago
- 1 recipe of chilled Basic cornmeal Mush (polenta) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 cup onions, sliced in thin cresents shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg shopping list
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley leaves shopping list
- 6 tablespoons grated romano cheese shopping list
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced thin shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the chilled 1/2-inch sheet of polenta into 2-1/2-inch rounds and set aside.
- Saute the onions in butter until they are sofened and translucent. Season the onions with the salt , pepper and nutmeg and set aside.
- Grate the Romano cheese and slice the mozzarella cheese and set aside.
- To build the casserole, butter the baking dish and evenly sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of the cooked onions over the bottom. Next arrange a third of the polenta rounds in the dish..
- Over this layer, sprinkle one third of the remaining onions; sprinkle one third of the minced Italian parsley; one third of the grated Romano cheese; one third of the sliced mozzarella cheese and dot with one third of the butter.
- Repeat for two more layers and end with nozzarella cheese and dots of butter.
- Bake this casserole at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes until the dish is heated thoroughly and the cheese has melted.
- Serve this casserole from the baking dish.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- tjclay Nowhere, Us
- kalola Valrico, FL
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- danjaskyl Hamilton, NZ
- dandeleon Salem, OR
- tree Christchurch, NZ
- kirstencooks Alcala De Henares, ES
- mellian Deltona, FL
- mystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- cherihannah Shickshinny, PA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔