Maple Pecan CookiesFrom dond 9 years ago
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- ½ cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup shopping list
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1¼ cups pecans, coarsely chopped (4½ ounces) shopping list
How to make it
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until pale and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Gradually beat in the sugar until well blended.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk with the maple syrup and vanilla.
- Drizzle the egg-yolk mixture into the butter, beating at low speed until incorporated.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour and pecans.
- Divide the dough in half and shape into 2 disks. Wrap each disk in plastic and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Let the dough stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before rolling it out.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Roll out each disk of dough ¼ inch thick between 2 sheets of waxed paper.
- Cut the dough into 2-inch rounds and transfer to baking sheets lined with parchment paper or spread with Silpats.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden. Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool.
- The dough can be frozen for up to 1 month. The cookies will keep for up to 1 week if placed in a tightly sealed container.
The Cookdond Rockville, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!