Pork Chops with Black BeansFrom way2nrml 8 years ago
- 4 pork chops, but 3/4 inch thick shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1 Tb. olive oil or cooking oil shopping list
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 C. salsa (I love Target's Archer Farms Original salsa) shopping list
- 1 Tb. snipped fresh cilantro or flat leaf parsley shopping list
- salt and black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat from meat.
- Rub red pepper, black pepper, salt and garlic powder onto chops.
- In a skillet, cook chops in hot oil over medium-high heat until brown, about 2 min. per side.
- Remove and drain off fat.
- In the same skillet, combine beans, salsa and cilantro or parsley.
- Add chops.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 to 6 minutes or till no pink remains and juices run clear.
- To serve, top bean mixture with chops.
The Cookway2nrml Raleigh, NC
The Rating3 people
frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
I made this dish the other night and it was fantastic! Simple too! The kids liked it too. Thanks for sharing.darbar in Glen Ellyn loved it