Chicken And Egg Dumplings For 2From gingerlea 6 years ago
- 4-6 chicken legs, 4 Thighs or good handfull of tenders shopping list
- 2 15 oz. cans of chicken broth or homemade broth, add water if necessary shopping list
- 2 stalks finely chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp. poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried sage shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Thickening Agent shopping list
- 2 tbp. plain flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup very cold water shopping list
- egg Dumplings shopping list
- 3 eggs whisked shopping list
- Plain flour as needed shopping list
How to make it
- In 3 quart pot, place chicken, broth and water to fill 3/4 full.
- Add onions, celery and all seasoning.
- Bring to a boil then turn down to low until chicken is done. If needed add water.
- Take chicken out of pot and let cool. Taken chicken off of bone if need be and cut meat in small pieces.
- Taste broth to see if you want more seasoning. If so, add and boil on low to incorporate flavors.
- While chicken is cooling enough to handle, whisk eggs and add flour until it makes a thick, sticky consistency.
- Bring broth to a boil and using 2 teaspoons drop egg dumplings in broiling broth cooking until done. They will rise to the top and I usually boil for 15 minutes.
- Thicken boiling broth with the flour thickening agent or what works best for you. Then put cooked chicken back in.
- If my recipe is confusing, please let me know. I am a dump cooker so at times have trouble trying to write them down.