Chicken StroganoffFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 6 boned and skinned chicken breast halves shopping list
- 4 shallots chopped shopping list
- 1 medium red onion chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened shopping list
- 2 cups mushrooms diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped divided shopping list
- 1 can chicken broth shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 red or orange bell pepper coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 celery ribs sliced 1/4" thick shopping list
- 1 large package wide noodles cooked and drained shopping list
How to make it
- Simmer broth with wine in saucepan for 30 minutes.
- Sauté shallots, bell peppers, celery and onion until nearly softened then add garlic and soften all.
- Set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms on high heat in same pan until first liquid appears then set aside.
- Slice chicken breasts into long strips.
- Wash well and pat dry then season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté chicken in same pan until almost thoroughly cooked.
- In large stove top casserole put chicken and reduced broth then bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Add sour cream, cream cheese and herbs and blend together but do not boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid thickens.
- If necessary thicken using buttermilk and flour or arrowroot and buttermilk.
- Add vegetables and mushrooms then continue to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add reserved parsley.
- Serve over cooked wide noodles.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!