Holiday Peach CrispFrom noir 8 years ago
- 7 ripe but firm medium peaches, shopping list
- unpeeled, or peeled if you prefer, pitted, and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup Scotch whiskey shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- **Topping**: shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- Softened frozen vanilla yogurt as an accompaniment shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, toss the peaches together with the lemon juice. Add the whiskey, sugar, and brown sugar, and combine well.
- Spread the mixture on the bottom of the baking dish and dot with small pieces of the butter.
- To make the topping: In a bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon until combined.
- Add the butter gradually, stirring it in to form a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle it evenly over the peaches.
- Even though the topping should be evenly distributed, you want a rustic, pebbly look to the top.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 5 to 10 minutes more to brown the top.
- Let cool slightly, then serve warm in bowls, topped with scoops of frozen yogurt.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating4 people
SOUNDS AMAZING.recipediva in Pittsburgh loved it
I am making this for Easter! *wink*pink in USA loved it
Great with farmer's market peaches.smooch in America loved it