Moroccan Style Chicken with Vegetable CouscousFrom nikachu 7 years ago
- 8 chicken legs (thighs and drumsticks separated) shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 1 tsp ground turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/4 pitted olives shopping list
- 1 lemon, sliced shopping list
- vegetABLE couscous INGREDIENTS: shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 lb couscous shopping list
- 4 zucchini, thickly sliced shopping list
- 2 carrots, thickly sliced shopping list
- 2 small turnips, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 3 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 15oz can chick peas shopping list
- chopped cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large heavy sauce pan, tagine, or dutch oven. Brown the chicken on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- Papertowel off some of the fat, if desired. Fry onion and crushed garlic to sweat. Sprinkle spices and cook for one more minute.
- Add 2 cups broth and return chicken. Bring to boil, cover and cook 45 minutes or until done.
- While chicken is cooking, heat some water to a boil in a seperate saucepan. Drop in lemon and olives and blanch until lemon rinds are soft. Drain and remove.
- Remove chicken from pan, add lemon and olves, and boil until liquid is reduced to sauce consistancy.
- VEGETABLE COUSCOUS:
- Boil zucchini, carrots and turnips in broth until tender.
- Cook couscous according to directions. Let stand 5 minutes, then fluff.
- In a large bowl, first add drained vegetables, then couscous and olive oil. Stir in chickpeas and top with cilantro if you wish.
- On a large platter layer couscous, then chicken and finish with sauce.
The Cooknikachu Ashburn, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!