Sloppy JoesFrom jayzee 8 years ago
- 1 T. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 sm onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1 small red or yellow bell pepper, finely diced (I used a green bell pepper) shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 large celery stalk, finely diced shopping list
- 1/2 t. dried thyme (optional) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 to 1-1/4 lbs ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup chili sauce (the kind in the ketchup aisle) shopping list
- 1/2 cup beer or water shopping list
- 3 T. worcestershire sauce (contains soy but I have a powdered version with no soy and I used 1 T. of it) shopping list
- Tabasco to taste shopping list
- 6 sandwich buns shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, celery, thyme, and salt/peppert to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is softened but not browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- Brown meat and drain. Add the onion mixture, chili sauce, beer or water, worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco if desired. Partially cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the flavors are blended and sauce is slightly thickened, abotu 15 minutes. Serve in sandwich rolls, toasted if desired.
The Cookjayzee Wylie, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!