Fairly Funnel CakeFrom cyates798 8 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- Optional Toppings: powdered sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, warmed fruit filling, ice cream, whipped cream, syrups shopping list
How to make it
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl beat egg and milk. Add sugar, stir to dissolve.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Heat at least 1 inch of oil to 375 degrees in either a deep fryer or a skillet.
- To form cake, place one finger over hole at the bottom of a funnel.
- Carefully fill funnel with batter. Over hot oil remove finger and allow batter to go into oil, making circular or shapes with batter.
- Cook for 1 minute, using tongs or two spatulas turn cake.
- Cook until golden brown, about another minute.
- Drain on paper towels, Top with toppings. Serve warm.