Spirited Pound CakeFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 1 cup of butter, unsalted and softened shopping list
- 2 cups of sugar shopping list
- 6 eggs separated shopping list
- 3 cups of flour shopping list
- 2 tsp of baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp of mace shopping list
- 3/4 cup of apricot brandy shopping list
- 3/4 cup of finely chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks one at a time, beating very well after each addition.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, spices. Add alternately with the brandy to the creamed mixture. Mix well. It could look curdled at this point, don't worry, keep beating.
- Blend in chopped pecans. Beat egg whites till stiff. Fold into batter.
- Pour into greased floured bundt or tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Test with cake tester.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, turn out on wire rack and cool completely.
- Sprinkle heavily with powdered sugar.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!