Christmas Bread Cake Or Placek SwiatecznyFrom lor 8 years ago
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups flour ( all-purpose) shopping list
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 cups walnuts or pecans, chopped fine shopping list
- 2/3 cups raisins(soaked in hot water to plump up) shopping list
- 4 oz. orange peel, chopped fine shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. lemon peel, grated shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. vodka or brandy shopping list
- Note: I like to soak the raisins in hot boiled water with a splash of vodka, brandy or Rye) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs with sugar using an electric mixer for 5 minutes at high speed.
- Mix chopped nuts, raisins and orange peel with 2 Tablespoons of flour. Mix remaining flour with baking powder and salt.
- Cream together the butter, lemon peel and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Beat in vodka, then add egg mixture gradually, beating constantly.
- Add the flour mixture and beat for 5 minutes.
- Fold fruit-nut mixture into the batter.
- Turn into a greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3 inch pan or a 1-1/2 quart ring mold.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack for ten minutes,
- then turn cake out onto rack and cool completely.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and set aside to mellow for a couple of days.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating1 people
OH Wow, this is wonderful, I've had this before, thank you for posting this one, now I can make it, my sister and mom use to make this and there both gone now.henrie in Savannah loved it