Chipotle Apple Pecan CakeFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground chipotle pepper shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves shopping list
- 1- 1/2 cups cooking oil shopping list
- 1- 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- 3 large (1-1/4 lb.) sweet-tart apples peeled, cored, and diced (3 cups) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
- Spicy caramel Glaze shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream, shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground chipotle pepper. shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly coat 10-inch fluted tube pan with cooking spray; lightly sprinkle with flour. Set aside. In a bowl combine the 3 cups flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, chipotle, ginger, white pepper, salt, and cloves; set aside.
- 2. In a mixing bowl beat oil and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and as much flour mixture as you can. Stir in remaining flour mixture, apples, and pecans. Spoon batter into pan.
- 3. Bake 1-1/4 hours, until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Meanwhile, prepare Spicy Caramel Glaze. Cool cake in pan 10 minutes; invert on rack. Place rack over baking sheet. Drizzle warm cake with Spicy Caramel Glaze, respooning glaze that drips on baking sheet over cake. Cool completely before serving. Makes 16 servings.
- Directions for Glaze
- Spicy Caramel Glaze:
- In a saucepan combine 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup whipping cream, and 1/2 tsp. ground chipotle pepper. Bring to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Boil gently 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 tsp. vanilla
- Let stand 1-1/4 hours until slightly thickened.
- Drizzle over warm cake.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
1 tsp. ground chipotle pepper,1/2 tsp. ground white pepper,3/4 tsp. ground ginger,1/8 tsp. ground cloves,1/2 cup packed brown sugar,
These are some of the ingredients in a B-B-Q- sauce that I make and someone told me they liked the sauce on ice ...moretrigger in loved it
This is absolutely awesome!!! I baked the mix as muffins -better to bring to my friends place tomorrow, than a half eaten cake!!- if any survive that long!!edshred in Interlaken loved it