Cabbage And Kielbasa Stew With White BeansFrom lor 9 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups (10 ounces/300 g) dried white beans shopping list
- 3 ounces (90g) Parma ham (I use Smithfield ham, cubed) shopping list
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into rounds shopping list
- 4 leeks, trimmed, rinsed well, and cut into thin rounds (you can substitute green spring onions) shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1/2 green cabbage, quartered shopping list
- 1 pound (500g) potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1 14-oz kielbasa, or other smoked sausage, sliced or cubed shopping list
How to make it
- Cover beans with water, and let sit overnight.
- Drain and rinse the beans the following day.
- Add cold water to cover, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, remove pan from heat, leave covered, and let rest 40 minutes.
- Drain the beans, discarding all cooking liquid.
- In a large flameproof casserole, combine beans, ham and garlic. Add 2 quarts (2L) of water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, and add the carrots, onions, and leeks.
- Season lightly with salt.
- Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add smoked sausage, cover, and continue to simmer 30 minutes more.
- Add cabbage and potatoes and continue cooking until all of the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes more.
- Serve immediately in wide, shallow bowls.
- Serves 4-6.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating3 people
Loved this. Was feeling achy and made this up...feel good now and cozy. Thanks for the recipe ^5. And the flowers are??? Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it