Spicy Cheeseburger SoupFrom upstatevoyager 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded shopping list
- 1 sweet onion, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 pound lean ground beef, browned shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups milk, divided shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 8 ounces American cheese, cubed shopping list
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you like) shopping list
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan, combine water, potatoes, carrots, onion, green pepper, jalapeno, garlic, bouillon granules and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add ground beef and 2 cups milk.
- Whisk together flour and remaining 1/2 cup milk. Add to soup.
- Cook until mixture thickens.
- Add cheese, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Add cayenne to taste.
- Add bacon and heat through.
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating1 people
This sounds really good. For us, I would add more jalapenos and velveeta cheese instead of American. This sounds like something my family would really like. Thanks,
Paulapaulasue1 in Litchfield Park loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!