Box Wedding CakeFrom zena824 9 years ago
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients, blending together well.
- In the recipe the cooled butter is substituted for the oil called for in the box recipe.
- One package of cake mix prepared as suggested in the foregoing is sufficient to make two layers in greased and floured tiered wedding cake pans (one pan 6 x 1 3/4 inches deep, and one layer 8 x 1 3/4 inches deep.)
- A second package of cake mix prepared as suggested in the foregoing is sufficient to make a layer in a greased asnd floured tiered layer pan that is 10 x 1 3/4 inches deep.
- Do not fill the pans much more than half full, or the batter will run over in the oven.
- After baking the layers of cake, turn out; Place pan back immediately over the layer to allow the cake to sweat; this makes for a more moist cake.
- Freezing the layers before frosting also helps make the cake more moist.
- Frost cake and decorate as desired.
- This recipe did not state how long to cook the cake in the oven.