Whole Wheat RollsFrom cdlsmith 9 years ago
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl combine the whole wheat flour, sugar, yeast and salt
- In a saucepan heat milk and butter to 120° (this is very important. If you get the liquid to hot you will kill the yeast. If you do not have a candy thermometer heat the milk until it is warm to the touch.) Add to the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the egg and beat with an electric mixer for one minute on low and one minute on medium
- Gradually stir in enough of the bread flour to form a soft dough. Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth an elastic, about 6 minutes. Add a little flour to the dough if it gets too sticky.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl; turn once to grease the top. Cover with a dish towel and let rise in a warm spot until doubled, about an hour and 15 minutes.
- When dough has doubled in size punch it down with your fist to release the air. Shape into 12 balls.
- Place the balls on a greased cookie sheet one inch apart and let them rise for one hour or until doubled in size
- Bake them in a preheated 400° oven for 12-15 minutes or until brown.
- Serve with lots of honey and butter!!!!!!