Grilled Cheese and Fruit SandwichFrom oescrazy1 8 years ago
- 8 slices white or egg bread, cut 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. softened butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup fig or plum jam shopping list
- 4 oz. thinly sliced Havarti or monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1 small pear or apple, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds or chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Spread one side of each bread slice lightly with softened butter.
- Spread other side of 4 of the bread slices with jam.
- Top jam side of bread with cheese.
- Top cheese with pear and almonds or pecans.
- Top with remaining bread slices, butter side up.
- Preheat an indoor electric grill.
- Place sandwiches on grill rack. If using a covered grill, close lid.
- Grill sandwiches until bread is golden and cheese is melted. (For a covered grill, allow 3 to 4 minutes.
- For an uncovered grill, allow about 6 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling.)
- Or, place sandwiches on a griddle over medium heat.
- Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted, turning once. Makes 4 sandwiches.
The Cookoescrazy1 AR
- Not added to any groups yet!