Chinese Chicken SaladFrom jemison 9 years ago
- Chicken: shopping list
- 8 chicken breast, skinnless and boneless, wash and beat breast flat. shopping list
- Rub a little sesame oil on both sides shopping list
- season with: shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- seasoned salt shopping list
- accent shopping list
- flour for dredging shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- Salad: shopping list
- 1 head lettuce, broken shopping list
- 2 T white sesame seeds, toasted shopping list
- 2 oz. rice sticks, deep fry small amounts in very hot oil carefully, because they expand. shopping list
- medium wonton skins, cut into strips, deep fry until golden and place in a brown paper bag shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 2 T sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c water shopping list
- 1 t salt shopping list
- 4 drops sesame oil or to taste shopping list
- 1 t accent shopping list
- 3 T white vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 t white pepper or to taste shopping list
- Crispy Pickles: shopping list
- 2 cucumbers, sliced thin shopping list
- 3 T vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Crispy Pickles:
- Pour vinegar over cucumbers; mix well and let stand
- For a more flavored pickle use the following instead:
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t accent
- 2 t vinegar
- 1 T soy sauce
- chili pepper or kim chee to taste (optional)
- Sprinkle brown sugar on cucumbers.
- Toss lightly and let stand 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix throughly.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Season chicken and let stand 30 minutes in refridgerator.
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Fry in skillet until golden.
- Cut into bite size chunks after frying.
- Combine Chicken, lettuce,sesame seed, rice sticks and wontons just before serving.
- Mix, shake well and pour over salad and toss when ready to serve..
- You can bake the chicken with all the seasonings except sesame oil until juices run clear (shred when cooked).
- Season baked chicken again with salt, MSG and 4 drops sesame oil or to taste after shredding.
- Use chowmein noodles instead of fried wonton or Brown Nissen Ramin noodles found in chinese stores (hard to find).
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookjemison Huntersville, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!