Louisiana Sweet Potato PancakesFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- * 3/4 pound sweet potatoes shopping list
- * 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- * 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- * 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- * 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- * 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Place sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan of boiling water, and cook until tender but firm, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, and immediately immerse in cold water to loosen skins. Drain, remove skins, chop, and mash.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- Mix mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, milk and butter in a separate medium bowl.
- Blend sweet potato mixture into the flour mixture to form a batter.
- Preheat a lightly greased griddle over medium-high heat.
- Drop batter mixture onto the prepared griddle by heaping tablespoonfuls, and cook until golden brown, turning once with a spatula when the surface begins to bubble.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating6 people
I can't wait to try these they sound delicious, yummmgreenbear in Las Vegas loved it
Saved gr8t postturtle66 in Sacramento loved it