Gingers Beef StewFrom gingerlea 6 years ago
- 1 lb. stew meat shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion diced shopping list
- kosher salt & cracked pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 2 stalks celery cut in pieces shopping list
- 1 or 2 potatoes cut in pieces with skin on shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried parsly shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 bag frozen California vegetable Mix with cracked pepper (broccoli, squash, carrots, cauliflower) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. plain flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold water shopping list
How to make it
- Slowly saute stew meat in large, heavy & covered sauce pan, to seal in juices.
- When almost browned add onion, salt & pepper, garlic & onion powder and continue sauteing until onions are clear & tender.
- Add 4 cups of water, bay leaf, basil, oregano & parsley, bring to boil then simmer for 1 hour.
- Add celery and potatoes and continue cooking until all are tender.
- Add bag of frozen vegetables and cook until tender on simmer.
- Taste to see if you want more herbs or seasonings.
- Thicken with the flour & cold water mixture or your favorite thickening agent.
- Serve with nice warm buttered bread. I had sunflower bread .
- Leftovers can be served over thin egg noodles the next day.
The Cookgingerlea Tampa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!