Okes Friendship CakeFrom modmom50 6 years ago
- 1 cup butter or margarine...softened shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 12 oz box of Nilla vanilla wafers, crushed shopping list
- 1 large (12 oz) package shredded coconut shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans.....(I like to make mine almost powdery) shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Then add eggs one at a time, beating after every addition.
- Add wafer crumbs alternately with milk.
- Fold in coconut and pecans.
- Pour (actually you have to SPOON it) into a WELL greased and floured Bundt pan. I have found that the new spray coating that has flour in it works great.
- Bake in a 275 degree oven (that is the correct temp) for 1 1/2 to 2 hours (yup, that's right, too) It's done when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Original directions say to wait 10 minutes before inverting it onto a plate but I have found it comes out easier if you remove it from bunt pan as soon as take it out of oven.