Champion Chicken ParmesanFrom pointsevenout 9 years ago
- TOMATO SAUCE: shopping list
- 1oz sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil, about 1/4 cup shopping list
- 1c boiling water shopping list
- 1t olive oil shopping list
- 2c red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1c onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 (14.5oz) cans diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1/4c fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 2T fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- 1T balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1t black pepper shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- CHICKEN: shopping list
- 1/4c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4c parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/4t black pepper shopping list
- 4 (4oz) chicken breasts, boned, skinned shopping list
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1T olive oil shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1c (4oz) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
- 3c hot cooked linguine, about 6oz uncooked pasta shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare tomato sauce, combine sun-dried tomatoes and water in a bowl; cover and let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain and finely chop tomatoes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sun-dried tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion; saute 7 minutes. Stir in canned tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in parsley, basil, vinegar, black pepper, and garlic.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- To prepare chicken, lightly spoon flour into mesuring cup, level with a knife. Combine flour, parmesan, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a shallow dish. Place each breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Dip each breast half in egg white; dredge in flour mixture. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Arrange chicken in a 13 x 9" baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour tomato sauce mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake at 350* for 15 minutes. Serve over linguine.
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 1 cup sauce, 1/4 cup cheese, and 3/4 cup pasta; 559 calories; 26% from fat.