Honey Whole Wheat BreadFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup of nonfat dry milk shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon of salt shopping list
- 2 packages of dry yeast (regular or rapid rise) shopping list
- 3 cups of water shopping list
- 1/2 cup of honey shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 - 4 1/2 cups of flour all purpose sifted shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 3 cups of whole wheat flour, dry milk, salt and yeast. Heat water, honey, oil, until warm. Pour wam liquid over flour mixture.
- With a mixer, blend at low speed for one minute and then at medium speed for two minutes.
- Add all purpose flour and mix. (don't do all 4 1/2 cups at once, depending on humidity, sometimes it will not take all the flour)
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Place in a large buttered bowl, turn to coat top.
- cover and let rise in warm place until double in bulk (45-55) minutes.
- Punch down; divide in half. Place in two 9 x 5 loaf pans; let rise until almost double in bulk.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.