Wrapped Chicken Bites With Dipping SauceFrom lor 7 years ago
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth, regular or low sodium shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy sauce - again, regular or low sodium shopping list
- 1 quarter-size or more piece of fresh ginger, peeled and either slivered or chopped shopping list
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 10-ounce bag baby spinach shopping list
- 2 quarts boiling water shopping list
- Store bought hoisin sauce, honey garlic sauce, sweet and sour sauce, dumpling dipping sauce, or homemade sesame soy sauce or peanut sauce. shopping list
- Note: This recipe is very flexible! shopping list
- Here is the recipe for Sesame-Soy Dipping Sauce. shopping list
- Makes approximately 1 cup shopping list
- 3/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 scallions (white and tender green parts), thinly sliced on the diagonal shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds(optional) shopping list
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and scallions, stirring to blend. shopping list
- At this point, you can cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week. shopping list
- Stir in the sesame seeds just before serving. shopping list
How to make it
- Trim and clean the chicken breasts of any fat.
- Place them in a large saute pan with the broth, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and gently simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the broth, allow to cool and cut into half-inch pieces.
- Discard the broth.
- Place the spinach in a colander in the sink and pour the boiling water over it.
- Rinse with cold water and pat dry.
- Lay a spinach leaf on a "clean" cutting board and place a piece of chicken in the center.
- Roll the leaf, strudel-style, around the chicken and secure with a toothpick.
- Repeat until all the chicken is wrapped.
- You can cover and keep these for 2 days in the refrigerator, covered tightly.
- Place the chicken bites on a bed of lettuce ie: Romaine on an attractive serving platter.
- Place the dipping sauce in a small bowl in the center.
- Can be served gently warmed or at room temperature.
- Serves 12-14
- From: Happy Holidays from the Diva of Do-Ahead
- A Year of Feasts to Celebrate with Family and Friends
- by Diane Phillips
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating2 people
These chicken bites sound so delicious I can taste them already. Thanks for a great 5 recipe.peepers in loved it