Tom Kha Gai Chicken in Coconut Milk SoupFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 2 c. chicken shopping list
- 1 qt.coconut milk shopping list
- 1 tomato shopping list
- large onion shopping list
- 5 tbsp Siamese ginger or galangal shopping list
- 1 clump lemon grass shopping list
- 2 kaffir lime leaves shopping list
- 3-5 red dried chillies, or fresh chillies shopping list
- 1 c. straw mushrooms shopping list
- 4 tbsp. fish sauce shopping list
- 1 lime, chopped in quarters shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 sprig spring onion or coriander leaf shopping list
How to make it
- Heat coconut milk gently in wok over low flame.
- Put the lemon grass and ginger in wok, bring to boil.
- Add chicken, wait one minute,(important) then stir.
- Add fish sauce, sugar and squeeze 3 pieces of lime.
- Add large onion, tomato, kaffir lime leaves mushrooms,
- Test it and add fish sauce, sugar and lime juice according to taste.
- Serve in dish and top with chopped chillies and spring onion.