Chunky Potato SoupFrom jewelmomof3 6 years ago
- 3 medium red potatoes shopping list
- 2 cups of water shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- dash each of crushed red pepper flakes and ground black pepper shopping list
- 3cups of milk shopping list
- ½ teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
- Bring water to a boil in a large sauce pan. Add potatoes and cook until tender. Drain reserving liquid set aside potatoes
- Peel and finely chop onion. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion cook stirring frequently until onion is translucent and tender but not brown.
- Add flour to saucepan season with pepper flakes and ground black pepper. Cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Gradually add potatoes and 1 cup of the reserved cooking liquid , milk , sugar and onion mixture to saucepan; stir well. Add cheese and ham. Simmer over low heat 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.