Baked Blueberry DessertFrom lor 8 years ago
- 6 Tablespoons butter, cut into small chunks, plus more for pan shopping list
- 1 cup flour, plus more for pan shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 large egg, separated shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy cream, lightly whipped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour an 8-inch square glass baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, blend the flour and sugar together. Add the butter and use a fork to break it up and incorporate it into the flour mixture until it looks like coarse meal (like making a piecrust). Measure out 1 cup of the mixture to use as topping.
- To the remaining flour-butter mixture, add the baking powder, salt, milk, egg yolk, and vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- In a small bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the egg white until stiff. Gently fold the egg white into the batter. Pour into the baking pan. Spoon the blueberries over the top and then sprinkle with the reserved topping. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the topping is lightly browned.
- Makes 9 Servings