Chewy Oatmeal And Dried Fruit CookiesFrom inmaculada 7 years ago
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce shopping list
- ½ cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 1 tablespoon warm water shopping list
- 2/3 cup whole wheat or spelt flour shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp ground cloves shopping list
- ¼ tsp ground 5 spices shopping list
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 ½ cups of old-fashioned rolled oats shopping list
- ½ cup chopped mixed dried fruit shopping list
- 2 Tbsp crystallized ginger finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl cream the butter with the brown sugar and beat in the egg, the baking soda mixture, the flour, the salt, the spices and the vanilla.
- Stir in the oats, the fruit and ginger and combine the dough well.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough about 4 inches apart onto greased baking sheets and with a fork dipped in cold water flatten and spread each mound into a thin round, about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Bake the cookies in batches in the middle of a preheated 375°F. oven 10 to 14 minutes, or until they are golden.
- Transfer them with a spatula to racks, and let them cool. The cookies keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 days.