Chocolate Coated Coconut BallsFrom sweetthing1953 8 years ago
- 1 can (14-15 oz. ) sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk) shopping list
- 1 stick butter or good quality margarine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 1 lbs boxes confectioners sugar shopping list
- 15 - 16 oz. flaked coconut shopping list
- 2 cups chopped pecans shopping list
- 12 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 block Gulf paraffin wax shopping list
How to make it
- Mix milk, butter and vanilla.
- Add confectioners sugar.
- Then add pecans and coconut. Mix well. (It will be necessary to mix with washed hands as mixture maybe quite stiff)
- Chill 15 minutes.
- Form into balls the size of walnuts and insert a tooth pick in center of each ball.
- Chill again.
- Melt chocolate chips and paraffin wax in top of double boiler.
- Remove from heat.
- Dip each candy ball in chocolate.
- Remove quickly and place on wax paper.
- Use a spoon dipped in chocolate to smooth over hole left from toothpick.
- Refrigerate candy balls.