Chicken Liver Spaghetti Sauce for StudsFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 2 tubs of chicken livers, soaked in milk, trimmed cut in half shopping list
- 2 lbs. of fresh mushrooms (I use one lb. crimini and one lb. white) shopping list
- 3 bell peppers, I like to tricolor it, green orange red shopping list
- 3 lbs of fresh tomatoes shopping list
- 3 bunches of green onions shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of minced garlic shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 cup of butter shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of dried thyme shopping list
- 4 rasps of fresh nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp of sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp of salt shopping list
- 2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 cup of dry Sauterne wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. of vermicelli noodles shopping list
- Combo of shredded asiago/parmesan/romano cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Soak livers while prepping veggies, then drain,trim and cut in half.
- Scald, peel and chop tomatoes.
- Chop the rest of the vegetables.
- In a heavy six quart pot, melt 1/2 cup of butter and over very low heat saute the mushrooms, stirring constantly until they give up their water and are wilted down. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add chopped veggies (peppers, onion, garlic, tomato) back to same pot, saute until tender but not browned.
- In separate pan, melt butter and add chicken livers, cook very gently.
- Finally combine all the veggies, chopped tomatoes, cooked livers, cooked mushrooms and any juices collected in the bowl to the big pot. Season with sugar, thyme, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Simmer gently.
- 15 minutes before serving, stir in Sauterne and cream to meat sauce and cook on low heat while the vermicelli noodles are cooking according to package directions.
- Drain noodles, top with sauce, sprinkle with cheeses and extra parsley.