White Christmas Fudge BarsFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 12 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional) shopping list
- 3/4 cup dried cherries, cranberries, or apricots, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup toasted almond slices shopping list
How to make it
- Line an 8-inch square pan with foil; grease foil.
- Mix confectioners sugar and milk in a heavy 3-quart saucepan. Over medium heat, add butter and stirring constantly , bring to boil. Without stirring, boil constantly for 5 minutes.
- Over low heat, add chocolate and almond extract.
- Stir then whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in dried cherries and toasted almonds.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate 2 hours until firm. Invert pan, peel off foil and cut into 1-inch squares. Garnish as desired.
- To toast almonds, spread in a single layer on cookie sheet with a rim.
- Bake in 350 F oven for 5-10 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, until they begin to brown.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
Yum! I'll be making these for the family Christmas! Thanks for the post!dvisscher in Cottam loved it
Mmmmmm... I can taste the fudge already! Thank you for sharing this recipe.lor in Toronto loved it
wow luv this one christmas in a few months its a Keeper high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it