Navy Bean SoupFrom ravenseyes 9 years ago
- 1 smoked ham hock or ham bone shopping list
- 1 lb navy beans socked according to package directions shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 2 to 3 cloves of galric minced shopping list
- 2 tsps kosher salt shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 to 3 cups of chopped ham meat shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- 5 springs fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 package Goya Sazon con azafran seasoning shopping list
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In large pot add 1 tsp of olive oil - bring to medium high heat and add onion, celery, garlic and carrots - cook till oinions become clear. Add beans and allow to cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add Ham hock or bone and cover with water. Bring to a boil add salt, pepper, thyme and bay leaves. Cook till beans are tender. Approximately 2 - 3 hours.
- Add ham meat, parsley and tomatoes (optional). Allow 30 minutes to reduce and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating3 people
Sounds alot like my recipe, love soup, fixing your Pasta Fagioli Soup today can hardly wait, must go get it started now. Let you know how close it comes to the one I like at Olive Garden so much.henrie in Savannah loved it
I just discovered this recipe raven - I have a ham hough in the fridge right now and it's Summer here (wet and windy LOL!)
Do you know what is in Goya Sazon seasoning? I might be able to find a copycat recipe somewhere!
Thanks! ...moresitbynellie in Glasgow loved it