Margie's Stacked Texas EnchiladasFrom sunrae 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- salt & pepper; to taste shopping list
- 1 can Las Palmas mild enchiladas sauce (mild or hot) shopping list
- 1 can Hormel chili & beans shopping list
- 1 can Hormel tamales (cut each one into 3 pieces) shopping list
- 12 corn tortillas shopping list
- 1 head of lettuce shopping list
- 2 tomatoes shopping list
- 1 large cucumber shopping list
- 1 bunch of green onions shopping list
- 1 large avacado shopping list
- 1 small pkg of Velveta cheese; sliced 1/4" thick (use 4 slices per serving) shopping list
- cooking oil (I prefer peanut oil); enough to fry tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare & cut vegetables for salad.
- Slice cheese.
- Brown together; ground beef, onion, salt & pepper. Cook 5 - 10 minutes.
- Drain fat from ground beef and set aside.
- Add to pan; enchiladas sauce, chili & beans, tamales; stir together and cook 30 - 35 minutes at a good simmer in covered pan.
- In a separate skillet heat 6 Tbsp cooking oil and dip tortillas in hot oil for 15 seconds on each side; drain on paper towels and continue until all tortillas are cooked.
- Layer ingredients; place one tortillas on plate, place 2 pieces cheese on tortillas and a ladle of meat mixture over cheese & tortillas. Repeat for second layer.
- Next ring the whole thing with your salad, garnish with green onions & serve. Yummy!