Cuban Mojo SauceFrom cyates798 7 years ago
How to make it
- To mince garlic, slice a peeled clove lengthwise, cut through once or twice horizontally, then chop crosswise into very fine pieces.
- Using caution when adding the juice to the hot oil, as it may splatter. A deep saucepan is a wise precaution.
- Mojo can be stored for a few days, but is best when fresh.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant but not browned, 20-30 seconds. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Carefully stir in and bring to a boil the lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Let cool and serve at room temperature.
- This sauce will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to 3 days.
- Makes 1 cup.
The Cookcyates798 Odessa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!